While your Lennox® heater cannot speak to you, it has a procedure to communicate a furnace error.
Its control panel has twin LED lights that can show a fault code. Subject to the problem, your furnace may use solid or flashing lights.
Though there are certain elementary heating repairs you can take care of on your own, most repairs are best left to experts. When your furnace will not start or put out warmth, reach out to Southern Heating & Cooling Inc. at 256-574-1300 for professional furnace repair in Scottsboro.
Our specialists will swiftly identify and repair the failure, even if you don’t own a Lennox heater. We can repair whichever brands or makes—and get the heat reintroduced to your home without delay.
What Does the Flashing Light on My Furnace Mean?
Your furnace relies on lights to flash code when it isn’t working right. It also uses this setup to tell you it’s heating correctly.
Regular heating involves:
- Simultaneous slow flash—heater operating like it should.
- Simultaneous fast flash—heating system is beginning to call for heat.
If you notice a single light flashing slowly and the other going on and off quickly, your heating system could be experiencing a low flame signal. This can happen even when your heating system is working correctly. It indicates the flame sensing rod could need to be cleaned or in the bad spot on the burner. Contact us at 256-574-1300 for help.
Here are some of the most common problems for Lennox HVAC systems.
Heating System Won’t Turn On
Here are some of the light arrangements you may notice when your heat refuses to or stay on. The bulk of these problems need to be repaired by a professional, like one from Southern Heating & Cooling Inc..
- All LED lights aren’t lit. This signifies your furnace might not have power. Find the breaker box to ensure the furnace fuse has not triggered. Try resetting the fuse if it is in the “off” position. If it rapidly turns off after a subsequent reset, don’t touch the breaker and call us at 256-574-1300.
- A single light is continuous and the other is flashing slowly. This signifies the flame rollout switch is likely malfunctioning. The switch is a critical safety guard that aids in stopping fires and carbon monoxide. You shouldn’t seek to repair this malfunction without professional help.
- An individual light is flickering quickly and the other is flickering slowly. This usually indicates power polarity has been inverted. Your heater may have a wiring error that needs expert support from Southern Heating & Cooling Inc..
- The duo of lights are flashing slowly. This signifies your heater’s blower motor likely isn’t working. This part moves heated air from the furnace into your house. We can assist in determining what’s causing a problem with this part.
- A single light is flickering slowly and the other is flickering rapidly. This means your HVAC system might have low voltage or a short circuit. Reach out to our specialists at 256-574-1300 for support.
- One light is flashing on, on and off while the other flashes on, off, on. This indicates there may be an error with your heating system’s control panel or wiring. Southern Heating & Cooling Inc. can find the issue and repair it.
- The pair of lights show every other slow flickers. This indicates your HVAC system possibly has a flame issue. There might be a problem with its gas supply, gas valve or ignitor control. Contact us at 256-574-1300 for assistance.
- An individual light blinks slowly while the other remains solid. This often means your HVAC equipment’s limit switch is not working. The switch prevents your heater from becoming too warm. Get in touch with the experts at Southern Heating & Cooling Inc. for support.
Furnace Blower Operates But No Warm Air
Here’s what might be wrong when you observe your heater’s blower fan working, but you aren’t gaining any warm air.
- The pair of lights are showing every other rapid flickers. This means your furnace ignitor might not be in working order. This part kindles fuel in your HVAC equipment to create warmth and should be fixed by a technician from Southern Heating & Cooling Inc..
Turn to Us for Skilled Furnace Repair
When you have to get your heating system repaired fast, turn to the professionals at Southern Heating & Cooling Inc.. Our pros will handle the error right away and have your rooms feeling cozy again in a short time. Get in touch with us at 256-574-1300 or contact us online to request an appointment now.