Having routine air conditioning service performed at least once a year can help lengthen the life of your air conditioner and keep it functioning at top efficiency. Before we get to the hottest days of the Scottsboro summer, have the experts at Southern Heating & Cooling Inc. conduct your yearly air conditioning service.
Some tasks should always be completed during a proper air conditioning service appointment. According to energy.gov, your specialist should always:
- Look for the correct amount of refrigerant, and if needed, test for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is required, retrieve any refrigerant that must be cleared from the system, rather than illegally discharging it to the atmosphere.
- Inspect for correct airflow throughout the system.
- Confirm the right electric control sequence to make sure of adequate sequence of operation.
- Examine electric terminals, clean and tighten connections.
- Check the exactness of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, changing or cleaning your air filters routinely is essential. That’s because nothing else that simple can help ensure your air conditioner continues to work at peak efficiency. Besides when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your annual air conditioning service appointment, you should check it habitually. We suggest taking a look at it every month or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually demands cleaning or replacement will be dependent on individual aspects in your home, like how much dust enters your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your routine air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another aspect of air conditioner maintenance, call Southern Heating & Cooling Inc. today at 256-574-1300.