In Scottsboro you rely on your furnace
to keep you warm throughout the chilly time of year. If it’s been a while since you had a regular maintenance appointment for your heat pump
, you could be looking at a furnace repair
visit in the near future. As a minimum, you might have a dirty air filter, which can obstruct air flow and impact your furnace’s performance. It could even cause issues with your furnace’s threshold switch, which controls furnace operation.
There are a lot of other reasons you may need a furnace repair. We’ve assembled some signs for you to scan for. The quicker you can call for a heat pump maintenance, the better. Call in an expert, like Southern Heating & Cooling Inc., if you note any of these symptoms:
- Your blower doesn’t seem to be operating properly. Is it working enough? Is it operating all the time? Is the air blowing through as freely as it should, or does it seem feeble? Indications related to your blower could signify a slight problem with your air filter or the interior blower.
- Your home isn’t getting warm enough. Are you turning up the thermostat again and again, but you’re still cold? This could be a difficulty with your thermostat. It may be that your furnace is too little for your home. It may even be a difficulty with your gas source or your pilot light, among other things.
- Your furnace is loud. If your furnace starts running at top volume or making noises you’re not used to hearing, there could be an issue.
- You smell gas. You definitely don’t want to mess around with this one. If you smell gas, shut down your furnace right away and cut off its gas supply. Avoid lighting matches or changing on lights until your HVAC pro or your gas company checks it.
- You find water pooling around your furnace. Often times this is a obstructed condensation line. This could require both plumbing and HVAC pros to solve.
- Your utility bill keeps growing. If your bill is climbing, but your usage is not, there could be a variation of issues. Your HVAC expert will help find out what’s going wrong.
Now that you’ve read these symptoms, you’ll know when you need to arrange furnace repair. And we’re here when you need it. Call Southern Heating & Cooling Inc. at 256-574-1300 when you need to schedule repairs or regular maintenance.