Just like you need to take your car in to the shop for routine tune-ups, such as oil changes or inspecting probable concerns, your home comfort system should receive the same kind of attention. Regular maintenance by a skilled technician provides various benefits to your HVAC equipment, which can help your systems operate efficiently and prevent costly breakdowns.
Call Southern Heating & Cooling Inc. at 256-574-1300 to get a comprehensive quote on replacement equipment.
Two-stage heating enables the furnace to heat at two levels of output: high for cold winter days and low for mild ones. About 80 percent of the time, your homes heating requirements can be met when the furnace is kept on the low setting, allowing your two-stage unit to work for longer periods of time. Two-stage units also provide more even heat distribution, fewer temperature swings, quiet operation, improved air filtration and energy efficiency.
Southern Heating & Cooling Inc. has an assortment of brands and models that are more efficient than ever and make it easier to find the correct solution for your home. There are innovative systems that make heating or cooling your home more automatic, functioning similar to cruise control to make tiny adjustments to help meet your comfort demands with energy efficiency. Give us a call at 256-574-1300 to learn more about the technology we offer.
Depending on how old your previous furnace was, you could experience a host of differences. Furnaces today are developed to give more even and efficient heating than ever before. Modern furnaces also better regulate temperature and air flow, moving more air over the heat exchanger than older furnaces.
Additionally, new furnaces are designed to operate with other high-efficiency HVAC products, such as air conditioners. The air conditioner blowers give your heating system an extra lift so it can deliver cool air around your home efficiently. Special features like variable speed motors will also help decrease noise associated with operating your equipment and easily meet your family's airflow needs.
The Department of Energy recently raised the minimum efficiency levels for air conditioners, heat pumps and packaged units made after Jan. 1, 2015, since heating and cooling contributes significantly to a homes total energy usage. The requirements vary by region, so call Southern Heating & Cooling Inc. for the efficiency standards for Scottsboro.
Southern Heating & Cooling Inc. offers a number of HVAC products with high-efficiency ratings, which can help cut back the amount of energy they require to run. Aside from picking products that have received Energy Star® certification or achieved high SEER ratings for air conditioners or AFUE ratings for furnaces, you can consider the following:
- Making certain that your system receives regular maintenance by a trained professional can keep your system operating at its top performance.
- Zoning systems enable you to heat or cool only specific areas of your home, so you wont have to pay to heat or cool spaces that you don't typically utilize.
- Having a programmable thermostat allows you to set the temperature in your home around your schedule. They can be programmed to give you the comfort you want when you're home and increase or decrease the temperature while you're not around, helping you save on utility costs.
Southern Heating & Cooling Inc. is well-known in the Scottsboro area and you can rely on them to provide quality home comfort products. We carry a variety of innovative and high-quality products. We are dedicated to providing customers high-quality service and will make sure you find the right solution for your home.
Improving your homes indoor air quality starts with four basic strategies:
- Poor indoor air quality leaves your home filled with air pollutants floating around. So, to enhance IAQ, the first step is to get rid of as many pollutants as possible. You can easily do this by cleaning and vacuuming at least once a week, frequently washing linens and storing cleaning products safely.
- Proper insulation is great for keeping your home warm in the winter and cool in the summer, but it also makes it difficult for airborne pollutants to escape. We carry products that help swap stale air for fresh, filtered outside air.
- Good ventilation and routine cleaning are a start, but air filters, germicidal lights and purification systems take your IAQ to the next level by capturing microscopic particles, killing germs and eliminating particles while destroying chemical vapors.
- Programmable thermostats will help control the humidity levels and temperature to help avoid particles and germs from building up while also keeping your home comfortable.
We recommend that you meet with one of the experts at Southern Heating & Cooling Inc. and have them evaluate your home and current indoor comfort system. We can help you determine which equipment will be best suited to meet your needs.
Most homeowners believe that air conditioners make the air in your home cooler, but it actually removes the heat from your home, directing the hot air outside. That hot air moves across a cold indoor coil where refrigerant in the lines sends the heat to the coil in your outdoor unit, releasing the heat outside. This cycle continues until the indoor temperature reaches the temperature you set on your thermostat.
Due to the increasing amount of energy used by heating and cooling systems, the Department of Energy (DOE) increased the minimum efficiency levels for air conditioners, heat pumps and packaged units manufactured after January 1, 2015. These levels are determined based on region and carry varying requirements based on your location. Southern Heating & Cooling Inc. will be able to answer any questions you may have regarding these minimum requirements and let you know what choices are available when you're looking for a replacement system.
These numbers are located on a nameplate or sticker that is near your systems service panel. The sticker will be white with black letters and have both of these numbers located at the top of the sticker. M/N signifies model number while S/N is your serial number.
There are a few ways to determine what size system will best suit your home, but the most reliable way to determine the right size system is by having your local Southern Heating & Cooling Inc. technician come out and perform a load calculation. This calculation considers your homes: square footage, insulation value, amount of insulation, and a number of other factors.
The short answer is Yes, because dirt and other debris can inhibit your systems ability to work efficiently. For heat pumps, it is normal to have frost or ice on them during the winter, but they also are built with defrost controls to ensure they work efficiently in those kinds of weather.
Two-stage cooling means that your cooling unit has two levels of operation. When summer is in its hottest weeks, the high setting is used, and when its cooler or more mild, it operates on the low setting.
Typically, the lower setting can take care of your cooling needs, but even when the high setting kicks in, you may not realize it because it can maintain such even temperatures for your comfort. This also means a quieter cooling system, greater efficiency and better humidity control.
When your cooling unit freezes up, there are a variety of reasons why it could be doing so. The most typical reasons include: dirty filters, low refrigerant, a dirty evaporative coil and a faulty blower motor or relay.
A dirty filter is something you can fix as a homeowner, but the others need to be done by a professional like those at Southern Heating & Cooling Inc.. Contact them at 256-574-1300 with any other questions.
Choosing the best thermostat for your cooling system comes with a lot of considerations. Thats why its nice to have such a big variety of choices from Southern Heating & Cooling Inc.. Whether you're in the market for for a programmable or non-programmable thermostat or want to join the smart home trend, there are various thermostats that you have to select from. Some thermostats will depend on what type of heating and cooling system you have, but the experts at Southern Heating & Cooling Inc. will be able to help determine what options fit your needs and your budget.
Heat pumps can be a tad confusing due to their name, but they actually cover both your heating and cooling needs all year. When its hot outside it operates like an air conditioner in that it removes heat from your home, but when it cools off, the process gets reversed and it collects heat from outside and brings it inside. Heat pumps are also very efficient, and may produce up to two or three times more heat than the energy it uses.
Of course we think you should also replace your indoor system, but this is why:
- All outdoor cooling systems have a matching indoor unit that they are intended to work with to ensure efficient performance. When they aren't paired with the other piece as a whole system, efficiency may be affected.
- As with most products, advancements have brought about newer, more efficient ways of doing things. Heating and cooling systems are no different. These developments most importantly include greater heating and cooling efficiency, but also include improved air handling, filtering and noise pollution reduction to name a few.
- Heating and cooling systems that are more than 10-15 years old usually need to be replaced. Not only do they feature outdated technology, but they are also less efficient than newer models. Adding a new indoor unit at the same time means you'll have a matched system to provide you with improved comfort and efficiency for years to come.
The communication module on your home energy system may send the system's performance records for each module to a website. You may visit this website to learn more about the system's status, energy production and environmental benefits. The site also shares carbon offsets as it happens.
In most regions, rain will be enough to keep the solar modules clean. If you reside in a dusty or industrial area, periodically spraying the modules with water can help improve performance. However, detergents and high-pressure hoses should never be used to clean solar modules.
The right thermostat for you depends on your heating and cooling equipment. Southern Heating & Cooling Inc. has programmable and nonprogrammable thermostats that can help improve the efficiency of your HVAC systems. View our available products or contact us at 256-574-1300 to learn more.
Heating and cooling can make up a significant amount of your utility bill. The innovative and high-efficiency heating and air conditioning products available from Southern Heating & Cooling Inc. can help reduce these costs. If you're looking for a new heating or cooling system, look for products with high SEER ratings for air conditioners and AFUE ratings for furnaces. SEER and AFUE are a measure of system efficiency, and the larger the number, the more efficient the product. Besides purchasing a new home comfort system, consider these additional factors:
- Is your system consistently maintained? Whether it's a furnace or air conditioner, HVAC systems will run more efficiently after regular maintenance checks.
- Could your home use a zoning system? If there are spaces in your home that are rarely used, a zoning system will allow you to heat or cool only the most used areas of your house.
- Are you taking advantage of a programmable or smart thermostat? According to the U.S. Department of Energy, programmable thermostats may reduce your heating costs by up to 35 percent, and your cooling costs by up to 25 percent.
Zoning equipment gives you the the comfort of sectioning portions of your house and control the temperature differently in each room. Zoning tends to be good for when you have areas of your home that are rarely used or when you and your family are always in disagreement of what the temperature in each area of your home should be. Zoning systems are almost noiseless and efficient, allowing you more control over the comfort of your house. Discover more about the zoning systems available from Southern Heating & Cooling Inc..